IBM’s assessment of the fourth quarter of 2013, mobile traffic soared, accounting for nearly 35 percent of all online traffic, up 40 percent compared to the fourth quarter of 2012. Mobile sales also remained strong, reaching 16.6 percent of all online sales, up more than 46 percent over the same period last year. Custora had similar findings in their study which concluded that the share of mobile orders (phone + tablet) out of all holiday e-commerce orders has increased to 29%, up from 20% in 2012. We recently published a white paper outlining the practical techniques and strategies that you can apply to improve your position in the mobile market. The following are some of the technical and strategic questions which this comprehensive white paper will address.
- What is the right platform for serving mobile content to your users and what technical factors do you need to incorporate for each?
- How should content and conversion points be selected to appeal to mobile users?
- What other optimizations are needed to maximize mobile performance?
- What smartphone features can be leveraged to provide an excellent mobile experience?
- How do I effectively test and measure my mobile site’s performance?
- How do I integrate my mobile strategy with local search, in-store customers, and other media?