Q4 of 2013 was predictably a big quarter for Product Listing Ads, or PLAs. According to our recent State of Paid Search Report  for Q4 of 2013, PLAs saw a lot of action across the board as advertisers increasingly took advantage of this ad format for the holiday season. PLA spending leapt a whopping 165% YoY, while impressions and clicks saw similar increases.
PLA action wasn’t just reserved for desktops – PLA click share for tablets and smartphones experienced substantial growth, with tablet PLA click share increasing 40.4% QoQ and smartphone PLA click share increasing 68.1% QoQ.
For a more detailed look into the current state of paid search marketing, check out our comprehensive report .
- State of Paid Search Report: Q2 2014  - July 17, 2014
- Travel Websites Lagging it on Mobile  - June 25, 2014
- Amazon and Twitter Partner Up with #AmazonCart  - May 5, 2014
- Large Gains for Bing in Q1  - April 17, 2014
- Solid Year-Over-Year Growth for Q1 of 2014  - April 16, 2014
- Female-Oriented Sites More Optimized for Mobile?  - March 28, 2014
- Web-Only Retailers Not as Mobile-Ready as They Should Be  - March 27, 2014
- Video Embeds Now Appearing in Google Search Results  - February 7, 2014
- Facebook Testing Graph Search on Mobile  - February 6, 2014
- Q4 Proves a Successful Quarter for Retail  - January 31, 2014