We recently published our State of Paid Search Report for Q4 of 2013, and our findings reveal predictable gains across the board for the retail industry. Impressions and clicks increased significantly both YoY and QoQ. Impressions increased 24.4% YoY while clicks increased 5.4% YoY.
Retail CPCs also continued to grow both YoY and QoQ, remaining above the average CPC for all industries. From the previous year, retail CPCs grew 28.8%.
Our data also reveals that mobile devices are becoming increasingly critical to paid search for the retail industry. Smartphone and tablet click share both increased YoY and QoQ. Smartphone click share grew 63.7% YoY while tablet click share increased 20.3% YoY.
For a more detailed look into the current state of paid search marketing, check out our comprehensive report.
- State of Paid Search Report: Q2 2014 - July 17, 2014
- Travel Websites Lagging it on Mobile - June 25, 2014
- Amazon and Twitter Partner Up with #AmazonCart - May 5, 2014
- Large Gains for Bing in Q1 - April 17, 2014
- Solid Year-Over-Year Growth for Q1 of 2014 - April 16, 2014
- Female-Oriented Sites More Optimized for Mobile? - March 28, 2014
- Web-Only Retailers Not as Mobile-Ready as They Should Be - March 27, 2014
- Video Embeds Now Appearing in Google Search Results - February 7, 2014
- Facebook Testing Graph Search on Mobile - February 6, 2014
- Q4 Proves a Successful Quarter for Retail - January 31, 2014