We recently published our Q4 2013 State of Paid Search Report  detailing the latest trends in paid search marketing. The report highlights trends across search engines, devices, and six industries including: Business Services, Consumer Services, Healthcare, Real Estate and Construction, Retail/eCommerce, and Travel and Leisure. Our sample included advertisers who had fifteen consecutive months of data with The Search Agency and an established and stable business model from Q4 2012 to Q4 2013.
Across all search engines, total spend continued to grow, increasing 37.4% YoY.
CPCs also continued on an upward trend, growing 27.6% YoY.
Impressions and clicks were both up YoY as well. From quarter to quarter, however, impressions declined while clicks experienced a slight uptick.
For a more detailed look into the current state of paid search marketing, check out our comprehensive report .
- State of Paid Search Report: Q2 2014  - July 17, 2014
- Travel Websites Lagging it on Mobile  - June 25, 2014
- Amazon and Twitter Partner Up with #AmazonCart  - May 5, 2014
- Large Gains for Bing in Q1  - April 17, 2014
- Solid Year-Over-Year Growth for Q1 of 2014  - April 16, 2014
- Female-Oriented Sites More Optimized for Mobile?  - March 28, 2014
- Web-Only Retailers Not as Mobile-Ready as They Should Be  - March 27, 2014
- Video Embeds Now Appearing in Google Search Results  - February 7, 2014
- Facebook Testing Graph Search on Mobile  - February 6, 2014
- Q4 Proves a Successful Quarter for Retail  - January 31, 2014