Summer is typically the height of the home-buying season and a critical time for real estate marketers.
The Search Agency partners with some of the largest real estate developers, apartment communities, and brokerages to drive qualified leads through paid search. Our team performed an in-depth analysis of paid search trends across our real estate clients during the peak summer season and uncovered some important new data points:
- CPCs are on the decline. Average CPC was down 14% for these customers compared to summer 2012. The largest decline occurred on tablets which fell 22%.
- Clicks on tablets and smartphones are on the rise. Desktop clicks remained virtually flat YoY, while clicks on tablets and smartphones more than doubled. Compared to 2012, tablet clicks increased 155 percent and smartphone clicks increased 109 percent.
- Home buyers are most actively searching for home during work hours. 70 percent of total clicks came between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m., with the highest volume of search clicks taking place between noon and 6 p.m. at 38 percent clicks.
- Desktop activity is highest during the weekdays, while tablet and smartphone use peaks on the weekends. During the week, desktops accounted for 50% of total search impressions. However, on the weekend, smartphone and tablet impressions accounted for 60% of total search impressions, collectively.
Danielle Ilan-Weber, a Group Account Director at The Search Agency with a number of real estate clients, elaborated on the report’s findings: “We are seeing a consistent increase in the number of users using their smartphones to search for available homes and listings during the summer months.” She added that mobile device targeting is highly effective for the real estate sector because most home seekers are already “in-market” physically. Therefore, device targeting generally results in higher click-through-rates.
To learn more about the state of paid search within the real estate vertical, download your free copy of the report today! The report is brimming with valuable insights that can help real estate marketers benchmark their paid search advertising performance and future strategy.
- Gearing up for the New Year: The Search Agency’s Search Marketing Predictions for 2014 - December 20, 2013
- The Search Agency’s Favorite Holiday Traditions - December 19, 2013
- The Search Agency’s Best & Worst Holiday Gifts - December 13, 2013
- Sluggish Black Friday Sales Give Way to New Shopping Trend: Cyber Week - December 6, 2013
- Grant’s Rants: Hey Matt, Be Careful What You Ask For… - November 25, 2013
- SEO for the Birds: The Search Agency’s POV on Google’s Hummingbird Update - November 19, 2013
- Inside the Search Studio with Elaine Lawson - November 12, 2013
- Inside the Search Studio with Jeb Griffin - November 6, 2013
- Grant’s Rants: Old School SEO Questions, Halloween costumes and a dancing SEO - October 31, 2013
- Google Updates Ad Ranking System - October 23, 2013