- Use Schema.org Article markup to provide metadata that the crawlers can use to determine your article’s content.
- Use authorship markup so that Google can weigh the relevance and authority of certain authors and experts across the web.
- Use proper pagination to allow the crawlers to see the length of your article.
- Use proper canonicalization.
- Use logos to enhance authority.
- If a site requires a subscription or registration to view articles, the crawlers cannot access this. One workaround is First Click Free, which allows one click before further registration is required, also allowing access to the crawlers.
in-depth articles . This offset box of results will contain articles that provide in-depth information on fairly broad topics. [caption id="attachment_18129" align="aligncenter" width="480"]  Image via Search Engine Land[/caption] How can publishers get their content to display in this new in-depth section? Google provides some answers :