Categories - SEM
Onsite engagement suffers when websites fail to serve the promised promotions and content used in advertisement copy. All too often, paid advertisements promote sales, offer specific product information, or detail local store information that is then difficult to locate onsite after users click on the ad. Such frictional elements divert users from taking the optimal conversion path and dissuade consumers from interacting with the brand due to frustration and confusion.
Engagement is the third component of h(Paid), which seeks to boost onsite activity and audience interaction by streamlining onsite usability and delivering a high-quality user experience. Most importantly, creative messaging used in paid advertisement copy should fulfill users’ search intent and align with consumers’ expected onsite experience. If a user clicks on an advertisement that promotes a store locator feature, the user should be directed to the brand’s landing page that contains the store locator. Achieving engagement can be as simple as providing users with the information promised within the ad copy and streamlining the onsite conversion path.
Ongoing page and funnel testing will provide marketers with an accurate portrayal of their success in engaging their target audiences and guide future improvements and optimization efforts. Marketing professionals should design the conversion flow based on best practices that promote the
brand’s story, reinforce their value proposition, create an efficient conversion path and remove frictional elements. Doing so promotes high-quality engagement and rewards marketers with an improved conversion rate.
Can’t get enough of h(Paid)? Download our whitepaper, h(Paid): A Holistic Approach to Paid Media Marketing.
We’ll continue the conversation tomorrow by examining about the fourth and fifth components of h(Paid): Optimization and Analytics.
- Gearing up for the New Year: The Search Agency’s Search Marketing Predictions for 2014 - December 20, 2013
- The Search Agency’s Favorite Holiday Traditions - December 19, 2013
- The Search Agency’s Best & Worst Holiday Gifts - December 13, 2013
- Sluggish Black Friday Sales Give Way to New Shopping Trend: Cyber Week - December 6, 2013
- Grant’s Rants: Hey Matt, Be Careful What You Ask For… - November 25, 2013
- SEO for the Birds: The Search Agency’s POV on Google’s Hummingbird Update - November 19, 2013
- Inside the Search Studio with Elaine Lawson - November 12, 2013
- Inside the Search Studio with Jeb Griffin - November 6, 2013
- Grant’s Rants: Old School SEO Questions, Halloween costumes and a dancing SEO - October 31, 2013
- Google Updates Ad Ranking System - October 23, 2013