As I made my way to the kitchen to grab my lunch today, I noticed a crowd gathering in our “Google” conference room (Yes, we have conference rooms named after search engines. Don’t be jealous.) Being the lemming that I am, I popped my head in to see what was happening.
Well, Google TV was what was happening.
We thought it fitting this holiday season to give ourselves the gift of 3D TV, and put it in the Google themed room (how meta!) Even more perfect, we had our Google reps pay us a visit today.
We have the 3D version of the GoogleTV, which in itself makes the TV cool because you can pop on the included glasses to watch 3D outside of the theaters. Besides that, GoogleTV is a more interactive version of regular internet TVs, that come installed with web apps like Netflix, Hulu or YouTube.
Google TV runs an Android Operating System and includes the Chrome Browser. The remote has a Wii like pointer on the screen, and when turned around, includes a full qwerty keyboard (like the ones you would get on cell phones with full keyboards). This makes browsing and navigating much easier than regular internet TVs.
The TV comes with the regular internet TV apps mentioned above, along with additional pre-installed Google Apps like Google Play, which allows you to play media from your Google Play account (like iTunes). Our 3D version also comes with some pre-installed 3D videos to watch and utilize the 3D glasses until you can get a 3D player and DVDs to hook up to it.
So, if you were wondering if it’s worth it…I think The Search Agency can confidently say, “YES!”
- Search and Destroy Ep. 9 – Searching For Facebook Graph Search and 2013 Predictions  - January 25, 2013
- State Of Paid Search Report: Q4 2012 – Highlights  - January 22, 2013
- Facebook Graph Search – What Does The Search Agency Think?  - January 18, 2013
- You Can't Watch Television On A Television Anymore!  - January 15, 2013
- Is LinkedIn Creepy? Millenials and Gen-Xers Weigh In  - January 8, 2013
- The Search Agency 2013 Predictions: Earned Media  - December 27, 2012
- The Search Agency 2013 Predictions: Paid Media  - December 26, 2012
- Search and Destroy Ep. 8 – Searching For: Online Shopping Trends, Tech Baby Names, and Content Marketing  - December 13, 2012
- Google TV Really Is That Cool  - December 4, 2012
- Apple’s iPad Mini, The NY Marathon & The American Spirit  - November 9, 2012