Hello again! Still here live blogging from DMA 2012 in Vegas. We got done with round table lunch sessions just about an hour ago, and everyone is bustling around the exhibition hall. I had the pleasure of sitting in on two round table sessions, but unfortunately was only able to eat one lunch. A session entitled “Mobile Meets ROI: Demystifying Campaign Performance” caught my eye for obvious reasons. Mobile? ROI? Campaign Performance? That spelled The Search Agency. However, you’ll have to wait patiently as I will shed a little more light on that session later.
The other session I was able to attend was hosted by our very own VP Agency Product, Keith Wilson . He had a full house of eager listeners as he broke down The Search Agency’s philosophy and strategy behind the Consumer Decision Journey. If you weren’t able to attend, here are the key takeaways:
Approach to Driving Conversions:
- Understand the roles media channels play in your consumers’ online behavior.
- Search EVERYWHERE Optimization — Search doesn’t just happen in a Google query box any more. Look to:
- Social Media
- Contextual Placements
- Mobile Apps
- Integrate on-site behavior metrics into optimization to understand user intent.
- “Intent to Content” — Be sure to align your messaging with the user intent.
- Make remarketing a key component to your acquisition efforts for non-converters.
- Extend attribution across all channels.
- Define intent/engagement metrics and measure against KPI’s beyond conversion.
4 Major Points in the Consumer Decision Journey:
- Consideration: Educate and Build Authority
- Evaluate: Differentiate Your Brand
- Convert: Take Action
- Experience and Advocate: Evangelize
- Think beyond the last click.
- Define roles for channels.
- Test. Measure. Optimize.
- Be adaptive — Change is imminent!