Categories - Display, Featured, SEM, SEO, Social Media
Keith Wilson. He had a full house of eager listeners as he broke down The Search Agency's philosophy and strategy behind the Consumer Decision Journey. If you weren't able to attend, here are the key takeaways:
Approach to Driving Conversions:
- Understand the roles media channels play in your consumers' online behavior.
- Search EVERYWHERE Optimization -- Search doesn't just happen in a Google query box any more. Look to:
- Social Media
- Contextual Placements
- Mobile Apps
- Integrate on-site behavior metrics into optimization to understand user intent.
- "Intent to Content" -- Be sure to align your messaging with the user intent.
- Make remarketing a key component to your acquisition efforts for non-converters.
- Extend attribution across all channels.
- Define intent/engagement metrics and measure against KPI's beyond conversion.
4 Major Points in the Consumer Decision Journey:
- Consideration: Educate and Build Authority
- Evaluate: Differentiate Your Brand
- Convert: Take Action
- Experience and Advocate: Evangelize
- Think beyond the last click.
- Define roles for channels.
- Test. Measure. Optimize.
- Be adaptive -- Change is imminent!