The days are long, and the years are short. Isn’t that how the saying goes? That said, here at The Search Agency we work hard throughout the day making sure our clients receive the highest level of service, while simultaneously keeping up with the industry to discover new innovative ways to improve our online marketing best practices. There’s a lot that happens inside these walls from Monday through Friday, but we’d like to think we keep things fresh and fun.
Being a bunch of Internet geekazoids, naturally we all have lists of cool online tools and apps that make the day go by a little quicker. I polled our office to find out what is pumping through our earphones, and keeping our post-lunch brains focused.
Here’s what we had to say:
“I love visiting someecards.com and finding something inappropriate for someone. Not for the faint of heart; sometimes it is fun to think of the folks that would NOT like the card or just how much they push the envelope – and that is enough to make me chuckle and push forward.”
- Barbara Palmer, President
“Listening to Howard Stern on Sirius Satellite Radio”
- David Waterman, Director, Search Engine Optimization & Content Development
“Rapping to music at my desk. Currently listening to Drake. No lie. No lie. No lieeeeeee-i-eeeee.”
- Shaan Bose, Senior Analyst, Credit and Revenue
“Two words: Hair metal!”
- Matt Grebow, Senior Manager Paid Search
“One tool I’ve found helpful lately is ActionMethod.com. It’s a digital whiteboard to track ideas and tasks, assign due dates, brainstorm and, potentially, collaborate. I’ve found that it really helps me prioritize the tasks I have to finish today and see what I have to get done in the next few days.
Other than that, streaming Olympic coverage on NBCOlympics.com has been keeping me entertained and patriotic throughout the day. The smooth sounds of Bob Costas calm may rattle nerves during a long working day. After the Olympics are over, I’ll most likely return to my passive music experience with Pandora.”
- Steve McQuaide, SEO Specialist
“How about our heavily stocked kitchen? That gets me through the day usually ”
- Tamar Dilsizian, Manager, Display
“I used the Eat24 App on my iPhone to order lunch today. It aggregates all of the restaurants that deliver into one app and remembers all of your preferences and order history for free. In two clicks I told them to send me “the usual” and my Friday guilty pleasure was on its way. The mobile app is not only witty, it is super intuitive and even allows for live chat and other awesome customer service features. In fact, someone named Kevin chatted me this afternoon when a “fruit salad emergency” threatened my lunch. I was so pleased that I actually tweeted one of their recommended tweets, and they wrote back cleverly and right away. Eat24 got me through that crucial zombie-like moment on a Friday afternoon where a girl just needed a cheesesteak and a Diet Coke (but sorry, no fruit salad). ”
- Katie Carlson, Manger SEM
- I play Kanye Zone http://www.kanyezone.com/.
- Thomas, Tamar and I watch http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/frozen-planet/penguin-cam/.
- I read every single one of Dale’s posts about Pit Bulls.
- I listen to my favorite 90s Pandora station (probably Gin Blossoms or Tonic) then get angry when their ads think I’m a pregnant (NuvaRing) overweight (Weight Watchers) gas-guzzling (Exxon Mobil) unemployed (VistaPrint) mom (Zulilly).
- I check my pedometer with Endomondo Pro (on mobile and desktop).
- Jessica Lee, SEO Specialist (resident crazy)
“I tune into Spotify. I love the ‘What’s New’ section and KCRW’s Best of ‘Morning Becomes Eclectic’ playlist. ”
- Sarah Gottlieb, SEO Creative Editor
What tools and fun apps do you use at work? Leave answers in the comments or tweet them @thesearchagency!
Tags | fun