Categories - Featured, News, Social Media
Also, the marketing budget for Live at the Beacon was $0.
So how did he join the elite Emmy club that includes big budgets Mad Men and Modern Family? How did he simultaneously write/direct/edit/produce Louie on FX for the cost of one Modern Family actor’s salary per episode ($250,000), and sell $4.5 million worth of stand-up tour tickets direct to fans in 3 days without the marketing dollars to shove his brand down our throats?
Louis C.K. has succeeded with his core fan base because he doesn’t have the polish of a PR filter (@louisck: “answer to “Why aren’t you coming to my town” prolly is that all theaters in your town won’t allow our tix service. or your town sux. JK”). We like his candid language and direct communication with us. We genuinely want to see him succeed, fail, get caught in vulnerable moments, make mistakes as a dad, apologize for those mistakes, and unintentionally defend Daniel Tosh. But at the end of the day, we want him to win all 7 of those Emmys. We love him because he is uncomfortable in the limelight and because he doesn’t care that he wears a black t-shirt and jeans every time he is on camera. Louis C.K. is our comedy secret, and we love that he isn’t a mainstream success with a show on CBS.
Now, Louis C.K. is a well-oiled machine. He’s at a point where if he exhales too loudly, he gets to appear on Good Morning America and Letterman in the same day. THAT is the ultimate goal of holistic marketing – to have the public so interested in your every move (and not in a Lindsay Lohan way) that you’re constantly in the media. And it’s even sweeter for his image because he doesn’t actually care about the attention. He only cares about honest, vulnerable, usually painful comedy.
- Google Instant – Election Edition - October 26, 2012
- Google Releases a Disavow Links Tool – FINALLY! - October 17, 2012
- How to Manage Your Search Strategy During Unplanned Server Downtime - September 11, 2012
- Gain Visibility in Search Without Big Money - August 2, 2012
- Louis C.K. is a Genius One-Man Marketer and Has No Idea - July 20, 2012
- An SEO Lesson from Google Now: Get your Butts on Google+ Local NOW - June 29, 2012
- How Facebook Search Can Take on Google (aka Another Facebook vs. Google Article) - June 26, 2012
- Everything is Better with Friends – Even Advertising - May 1, 2012
- Geeking out at ad:tech - April 3, 2012
- An Open Letter to Google: Get it Together with Brand Pages - March 30, 2012