Facebook Co-Founder Turns to Altruistic Social Networking
Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes has created  a new social network called Jumo, aimed at connecting charities with global organizations and individuals. The network will establish connections between people in need and organizations that can help them, as well as connect charities with possible donors. Currently, Jumo has 3,500 global users.
Google Confesses to Trespassing
After a two-year court battle with Aaron and Christine Boring of Pennsylvania, Google has finally admitted to illegally trespassing on the family’s property to acquire data for their Street View service. The Boring may not be excited to find out that Google has agreed  to pay the couple $1.
Google Pledges Better Copyright Protection Measures
In a blog post on Thursday, Google announced new measures it will take to restrict online copyright infringement. The new measures Google lists in their post  include:
- Acting on reliable copyright takedown requests within 24 hours.
- Preventing terms that are closely associated with piracy from appearing in Autocomplete .
- Improving our AdSense anti-piracy review.
- Trying new methods to make authorized preview content more readily accessible in search results.
For more information on Google’s new copyright protection policies, check out Thomas Claburn’s article  on InformationWeek.
U.S. Smartphone Market is Heating Up
According to a report published  by The Nielsen Company this week, 29.7% of U.S. mobile users use a fully operating smartphone. The reported revealed that Apple’s iPhone OS and the RIM Blackberry OS share market control with 27.9% and 27.4% respectively. For more information, check out Nick Bilton’s breakdown  of the report on the NYTimes technology blog.
Mark Zuckerberg to Appear on 60 Minutes
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg will appear  on 60 Minutes this Sunday to discuss the movie “The Social Network,” which presented a critical interpretation of Zuckerberg’s biography and the creation of Facebook.
- The Week We Searched For- May 11, 2012  - May 11, 2012
- Interview with Cassandra Caswell-Stirling  - May 10, 2012
- The Week We Searched For- April 30-May 2, 2012  - May 4, 2012
- eRetailers Winning Customers at the Zero Moment of Truth  - May 3, 2012
- The Week We Searched For- April 20, 2012  - April 20, 2012
- The Week We Searched For- April 13, 2012  - April 13, 2012
- The Week We Searched For- April 6, 2012  - April 6, 2012
- An Interview with Erik Freeman  - April 5, 2012
- The Week We Searched For- April 2, 2012  - April 2, 2012
- The Week We Searched For- March 23, 2012  - March 23, 2012