Search marketers have been speculating as to what effect Google Instant will have on their SEM and SEO campaigns. The new interface, which Google launched at the beginning of September, predicts a user’s query as they type, while showing instantly updated search results. According to Google’s official blog post on the subject, the goal in providing users with more “immediate feedback” is to enable them “ to refine their searches more quickly and find the results that more precisely match what they need.” The blog post continues on to describe the three core features of Google Instant as:
- Dynamic Results – Google dynamically displays relevant search results as you type so you can quickly interact and click through to the web content you need.
- Predictions – One of the key technologies in Google Instant is the prediction of the rest of your query (in light gray text) before you finish typing.
- Scroll to Search – Scroll through predictions and see results instantly for each as users arrow down.
- Presses enter to execute a search
- Clicks on ‘search’
- Clicks on a specific result
- Clicks on a suggestion
- Clicks on a refinement option
- Pauses for three seconds or more
Tags | Google Instant