I’ve always enjoyed the work of Aaron Goldman. His columns  on MediaPost are insightful and witty, and his presentation style at conferences is engaging and entertaining. He’s a guy who clearly knows what he’s talking about, but is always approachable and regularly seeks input and ideas from the community.
He’s a great example of how to build your personal brand. He regularly puts out thought-provoking content on multiple sites, maintains a dialogue with his audience, and occasionally makes them laugh. And, as you’ll see in the video below, he doesn’t take himself too seriously.
Aaron details many of these ideas in new book, Everything I need to Know About Marketing I learned from Google  and certainly puts them into practice in his approach to promoting it. He recently embarked on a worldwide (web) “blog tour” in which he creates a unique 5-minute video for each of the blogs he visits. For The Search Agents, Aaron goes over 3 key lessons from Google that any marketer should have taped up to their wall:
- Test Everything
- Track Everything
- Let the Data Decide
Check out the video, look for the shout-outs to a couple of our top Agents, and consider what new mediums you can use to promote your brand. Maybe Agent Algo  needs to launch his own blog tour….
- Tablet CPCs on Par with Desktop after Enhanced Campaigns  - September 3, 2013
- Social Media and Soccer: My Interview with LA Galaxy’s Lisa Bregman  - July 11, 2013
- Stop Calling Tablets Mobile Devices  - May 28, 2013
- Search Marketing for Subscription Businesses  - May 15, 2013
- Ben Edelman on Disclosure Labels in Paid Search  - April 14, 2011
- AdWords Update: Optimize for Conversions  - February 25, 2011
- New White Paper: Evidence-Based Search Marketing  - January 31, 2011
- How Search Marketing is Like Medicine  - January 5, 2011
- Click-Through Rate Jumps 11.4% After Google Changes “Sponsored Links” to “Ads”  - November 15, 2010
- Google Changes “Sponsored Links” to “Ads” – Watch your Click-Through Rates  - November 11, 2010