Last week, Google unveiled its new search feature, Google Instant, which promises to provide users with easier, faster and smarter search results.
Google Instant has been called the most significant change to the Google search results since the advent of AdWords. But how will it actually change user behavior? And what effect could it have on SEM and SEO?
In an effort to answer these questions, The Search Agency has published a new white paper entitled “Google Instant: Potential Impact on SEM and SEO .” In the paper, we provide a detailed overview of the new service, how users are likely to react, and how all this could impact paid and organic search. Specific topics include:
- How can users access Instant search? Where is it available?
- What are the key features for users?
- How does Google Instant affect a search marketer?
- Definition of ad impression
- Tracking of Google Instant
- Ad Serving Methodology
- How many users will utilize Google Instant and how will they modify their search behavior?
- Impact on Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Upper funnel searches may shift toward the torso
- Long-tail searches may also shift to the middle
- Partial versions of high volume keywords could get more impressions
- Click-through-rates could decline for well-known brand terms
- Impact on Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Possible shift in traffic from long trail to mid-tail and head terms
- Keywords in Google Suggest could take on increasing importance
- Potential boon for big brands
- First page and top positions are even more important
We invite you to download  the white paper from our web site and leave us a comment with any questions. And now that we’re coming up to a week after the launch of Google Instant, what changes (if any) have you seen in your campaigns? Any significant shifts in keyword volume or clickthrough rate? Let us know.
- The Week We Searched For- May 11, 2012  - May 11, 2012
- Interview with Cassandra Caswell-Stirling  - May 10, 2012
- The Week We Searched For- April 30-May 2, 2012  - May 4, 2012
- eRetailers Winning Customers at the Zero Moment of Truth  - May 3, 2012
- The Week We Searched For- April 20, 2012  - April 20, 2012
- The Week We Searched For- April 13, 2012  - April 13, 2012
- The Week We Searched For- April 6, 2012  - April 6, 2012
- An Interview with Erik Freeman  - April 5, 2012
- The Week We Searched For- April 2, 2012  - April 2, 2012
- The Week We Searched For- March 23, 2012  - March 23, 2012