Most online marketers consider landing page optimization to be an exercise only for paid media. Thanks to some new features in Google Analytics, there is a great way to measure the effectiveness of SEO landing pages all the way down to specific keywords and associated metrics. This data can give you powerful insight into how SEO landing page recipes should be adjusted in order to better serve certain keywords sending you free organic traffic. Here is how you can find this valuable data: Step 1: Find high traffic SEO landing pages with bad bounce rates
- Within Google Analytics, navigate to the Top Landing Pages Report (Content > Top Landing Pages)
- Change your advanced segment to Non-paid search traffic
- Look for a page you want to test with high bounce rates
- In this example, I chose /search-marketing-glossary/return-on-advertising-spend-roas.html because it is getting a lot of traffic but 90% of users are bouncing from the page.
- Dimension: Landing Page
- Containing: (the URI you copied) for this example it is /search-marketing-glossary/return-on-advertising-spend-roas.html