Our anonymous search agent finally has an identity. Thank you to everyone who submitted a story and took the time to vote  in our first annual “give-the-search-agent-an-identity” contest. We had over 20 nominations and 200+ votes on the blog.
Congratulations to Chris Stout  for penning the winning entry:
As an infant, Agent Algo had a speedy crawl rate and showed an early interest in dayparting. His youth was spent in the silos, where he labored over the long-tail and lived on a sparse diet of cookies and breadcrumbs. With time, his white-hat work ethic and desire to improve usability gained him notoriety in a variety of verticals. Focused on relevance and revenue, Algo decided to become a search agent. As his multivariate talents and link popularity grew, he developed a unique, cascading style that earned him plenty of impressions.
Though he’s flattered by impressions, Agent Algo prefers results.
And if you don’t care for his name, he says, “You can call me Al .”
Stay tuned for his ongoing adventures…
- Tablet CPCs on Par with Desktop after Enhanced Campaigns  - September 3, 2013
- Social Media and Soccer: My Interview with LA Galaxy’s Lisa Bregman  - July 11, 2013
- Stop Calling Tablets Mobile Devices  - May 28, 2013
- Search Marketing for Subscription Businesses  - May 15, 2013
- Ben Edelman on Disclosure Labels in Paid Search  - April 14, 2011
- AdWords Update: Optimize for Conversions  - February 25, 2011
- New White Paper: Evidence-Based Search Marketing  - January 31, 2011
- How Search Marketing is Like Medicine  - January 5, 2011
- Click-Through Rate Jumps 11.4% After Google Changes “Sponsored Links” to “Ads”  - November 15, 2010
- Google Changes “Sponsored Links” to “Ads” – Watch your Click-Through Rates  - November 11, 2010