Today marks the one-year anniversary of The Search Agents, The Search Agency’s corporate blog! It’s been an exciting year in the world of online marketing and it has been a pleasure to report, analyze and joke about the developments in SEM, SEO, social media, and beyond.
Marketers have come to rely on the “blogosphere” as a way to express industry expertise, gain clout among competitors and report on corporate developments. In reality, having a corporate blog has become a must for businesses connected to the Internet.
While we can’t claim that we don’t share in these interests, our main goal in creating The Search Agents was slightly less corporate. If you hang around the water cooler enough in any of our offices, you’ll quickly recognize that our team of Search Agents is engaged. We have interests ranging from long distance running, to marathon cooking, skydiving, rock collecting and more. Obviously, the one interest we all share is online marketing and, as dorky as it may sound, it’s a captivating topic.
Our goal with The Search Agents has been to provide a forum for our Search Agents to comment on interesting industry developments and author articles that offer a unique perspective on the ever-changing world of online marketing.
Here are a couple of stats from our first year:
Total Number of Posts: 235
Total Number of Comments: 608
Total Number of Bloggers: 63 People + 1 inanimate object
Top Blogger: Bradd Libby gets this prize, as he stands out in not only in the number of posts he has produced, but his commitment to authoring engaging articles on topics that are so mathematical most of us don’t understand them.
Top Tags: Google, Apple, Bing, Microsoft, Twitter, AdWords
Most Blogged Category: Social Media
Most Commented On Post: SEO Best Practices for YouTube  and A Eulogy for Yahoo! SSP – One of the Better, and Least Understood, Innovations in Search .
Many thanks to all of you that have followed the blog, subscribed to our RSS feed, become a fan on Facebook, tweeted an article, left a comment, or authored a post. We can’t wait to see what the next year will bring!
- The Week We Searched For- May 11, 2012  - May 11, 2012
- Interview with Cassandra Caswell-Stirling  - May 10, 2012
- The Week We Searched For- April 30-May 2, 2012  - May 4, 2012
- eRetailers Winning Customers at the Zero Moment of Truth  - May 3, 2012
- The Week We Searched For- April 20, 2012  - April 20, 2012
- The Week We Searched For- April 13, 2012  - April 13, 2012
- The Week We Searched For- April 6, 2012  - April 6, 2012
- An Interview with Erik Freeman  - April 5, 2012
- The Week We Searched For- April 2, 2012  - April 2, 2012
- The Week We Searched For- March 23, 2012  - March 23, 2012