I was honored to be invited to present last week at Mediapost’s Search Insider Summit  in Captiva Island, Florida. If you have not been to one of these events, I highly recommend it. The content is a little more forward thinking than the standard industry shows, and the format is designed to encourage easy networking. We have been a supporter of these conferences since their inception, and continue to value them greatly. Great people, good discussion, and some truly awful golf (at least on my part).
In the context of a conference theme of “Where Does Search Go From Here?”, I presented on Mobile Search and the rise of Apps as a preferred interface to content, a form of specialized vertical search. The topic was “Searching Through Apps: Moving From Destination to a Utility”.
- Searching Through Apps: Moving From Destination to a Utility  - April 22, 2010
- A Eulogy for Yahoo! SSP – One of the Better, and Least Understood, Innovations in Search  - October 15, 2009
- Trust Agents — A Book Review… Sort of.  - September 16, 2009
- AdSense for Mobile Applications – A Tipping Point For Mobile Advertising?  - August 10, 2009
- Every Cloud has a Chrome Lining  - July 8, 2009