In case you missed the announcement, Yahoo! is still alive and kicking and making incremental updates to their search offerings.
Yesterday, Yahoo!’s Dan Rampton made an announcement  regarding “updates to crawling, indexing, and ranking algorithms.”
For those who believe Yahoo! plays an insignificant role in the search engine landscape, and these updates fit nicely into the analogy of “rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic” a few recent brand stats:
- Apple OS US market share (Gartner, IDC) = 7.4%
- Sony LCD TV US market share (iSuppli) = 13.2%
- Honda US market share (Motor Intelligence) = 10%
Umm, suddenly Yahoo!’s 16.8% market share  (Comscore) seems like an opportunity for some additional traffic.
Case in point: Thanks to a strategic SEO push, a client of ours saw an important keyword that was hovering at the top of the second page in Google, jump to number 2 in Yahoo!’s SERP and overall traffic increase on that term by 5%.
Bottom line – and it is a bottom line decision – even given the upcoming Bing / Yahoo! marriage, Yahoo! optimization should be a part of your current online marketing mix.
- Ghost Blogging is Dead. Long Live SEO!  - April 1, 2014
- Grant’s Rants: Go Back to the Basics  - March 6, 2014
- Grant’s Rants: The Value of a WhatsApp User  - February 24, 2014
- All You Need is Links: Valentine’s Day Edition  - February 14, 2014
- Grant’s Rants: “SEO Content” is Just “Great Content”  - February 11, 2014
- Grant’s Rants: Who Said SEO Is Easy?  - February 4, 2014
- Grant’s Rants: Just Say No to Image Bait  - January 23, 2014
- Grant’s Rants: You’re Shooting Too High – And Other Metric Mysteries  - January 10, 2014
- Inside the Search Studio with Laurie Sullivan  - January 8, 2014
- Grant’s Rants: 2014 Is NOT the Year of Social, Mobile, or Native Ads  - January 3, 2014