Categories - SEO, Social Media
Today is privacy day on Facebook. Facebook will be sending a request to users to review and update their privacy settings. Facebook has indicated that the updated privacy setting will be friendlier to the user. Facebook has just sent out the following information regarding Facebook Privacy Day:
- Our current privacy model revolves around networks, but some have grown so large that they’re no longer the best way for you to control your privacy.
- We’re removing regional networks completely and creating a simpler privacy model where you can set content to be available to only your friends, friends of your friends, or everyone.
- We’re also introducing a new feature called Publisher Privacy Control, which gives you control over the privacy of every single thing you post, at the time you post it.
- Our goal is also to help users find and connect with each other, which goes to the heart of the Facebook experience. That’s why we’re taking a basic set information that almost everyone on Facebook today is already sharing with everyone and making it publicly available.
- No changes whatsoever to ads on Facebook. We do not give—and have never given—anyone’s data or personally identifiable information to advertisers.