Categories - SEO
Knowing the latest from Matt Cutts or any of the prominent SEO bloggers is all fine and dandy but I truly believe that if you want to have a complete understanding of what SEO does and how it works then you need to stop relying on other people’s advice and create your own website. How can you confidently offer advice to clients if you have never run your own site? I don’t mean slapping together a WordPress or Blogger blog template in five minutes. I mean literally writing your own site from the ground up with HTML. Part of the site can include a blog of course. Blogging can be a great way to develop an audience and interact with them. As you develop your site, try everything in the book to see what works and what doesn’t. Here are some ideas you can try to get started:
- Have a non-branded site initially then try creating some brand guidelines later on to see how branding affects your overall performance.
- Learn how social networking can be integrated into your SEO and overall business strategies.
- Try tweaking your title tags 20 different ways including copying the competition to see what happens.
- Write good link bait to see how organic linking works.
- Develop contacts by leaving quality comments on other people’s blog with a link back to yours.
- Develop a consistent voice that works for your site and blog.